Figh†ing Spirit

2nd place just means FIRST LOSER.

iQuote

I do awesome very fluently.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lucky 8nion Rings

I stopped by for lunch at the Burger King next to Masjid Jamek LRT station today. I ordered a Jr. Whopper and onion rings, then found that there was no straws for my coke and no sauce plate for my ketchup, which made me make two rather embarrassing trips to the counter after meeting very irritating, irresponsible workers.

The Jr. Whopper is disappointing. I remember the very first time I had it was at the Bangsar branch (which has gone from being at two-storey shop to one-storey to nonexistent) when Denise introduced me to something called the "Whopper". It was mind-numbingly good, and soon after that, I enthusiastically jumped on the BK wagon, shipping Whoppers and smiling sardonically at people eating Big Macs. Suffice to say, after the Bangsar BK branch closed down, I was the one who always eats Big Macs and longs for a nice yummy BK Whopper. Silently.

I think I can count the number of times I've stepped into a Burger King with two hands. Today's splurge, though, was not worth my time.

I suppose I've probably recreated the Whopper into this better-than-Big-Mac, superb, amazing, awesome food in my mind, due to having been told such by my brother and also the large stretch of time that has passed since my last encounter with it.

It's like people longing for Ferrero Rochers when they have perfectly good Buenos. Then they get their hands on some Ferrero and they think, this isn't as good as I remembered it.

(But Ferrero Rondnoir is like melting your soul and as you evaporate into chocolatey bliss. Nothing can rival the Rondnoir.)

On another completely unrelated note, I had the chance to cut up a pig's heart in the morning. Chyi was given the heart, a wickedly blunt blade, and a chopping board with a wax sealing.

I can pretty much assume that we were ninjas in out past lives because we had great fun chopping up the heart.

Updates will be short, and far and few in between.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

No comments: