Figh†ing Spirit

2nd place just means FIRST LOSER.

iQuote

I do awesome very fluently.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Poem by Roald Dahl

The Scorpion
by Raold Dahl

This is a really funny poem I found way back in my drawer. Enjoy! ^^
_______________________________________________

You ought to thank your lucky star
That here in England where you are
You'll never find (or so it's said)
A scorpion inside your bed
The scorpion's name is Stingaling,
A most repulsive ugly thing,
And I would never recommend
That you should treat him as a friend.
His scaly skin is black as black, Observe his scowling murderous face,
His wicked eyes, his lack of grace,
Note well his long and crinkly tail.
And when it starts to swish and flail.
Oh gosh! Watch out! Jump back, I say,
And run till you're a mile away.
The moment that this tail goes swish
He has but one determined wish,
He wants to make a sudden jump
And sting you hard upon your rump
"What is the matter, darling child?
"Why do you look so tense and wild?"
"Oh mummy, underneath the sheet
"There's something moving on my feet,
"Something horrid creepy crawly thing,
"D'you think it could be Stingaling?"
"What nonsense child! You're teasing me."
"I'm not, I'm not! It's reached my knee!
"It's going... going up my thigh!
"Oh mummy, catch it quickly! Try!
"It's on... it's on my bottom now!
"It's...Ow! Ow-ow! Ow-ow! OW-OW!"
____________________________________________________
Pretty nice huh? There's loads more by Roald Dahl, but if I don't get good comment on this one, I'm not gonna type it in!

6 comments:

IsabellaL14 said...

I am reading this poem out to my class tomorrow...I have to make it seem humorous so I must put my bigggg smiley face on :)))

Unknown said...

Nice pome luv this .

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lili said...

Love that poem. You missed a line though.
His scaly skin is black as black with armoured plates upon his back. ( unless it's been changed. I memorised it years ago)

Unknown said...

I love this poem