Figh†ing Spirit

2nd place just means FIRST LOSER.

iQuote

I do awesome very fluently.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Thing About Brands

Like I mentioned in the last post, I purchased two Giordano shirts.

Some people think that paying 30+ for a simple t-shirt is a bit too much (the original price was RM50) but I honestly think that it's a bit of a splurge, yes, I know, but it's called image.

THIS

Yay! Ignore the person and just look at the shirt, okay?

is a real Giordano shirt.

The material is kickass. It's soft and slightly stretchy, I have no doubts that the smilies won't come off, and all in all the designs are classy.

Go around and find fake generic smiley shirts. It just doesn't compare.

Not to mention when you go around wearing generic ones it's just so... cheap. Degrades your whole image.

Just like LV bags.

Of course, in places like Times Square (no offense, peeps.) you don't need to be classy (you'll freaking get mugged) but still. It's not like you have to walk out in a diamond sequined dinner gown, complete with Cartier watch and everything.

It's also good investment, Cartiers.

Then the quality. The Timex watch I've been wearing has given me absolutely nil problems. I once bought a RM10 watch in TS and within the month, the plastic casing came off. I can actually touch the hands of the clock, oh gee.

Anyways, the thing about brands is that you can't show them off. Wearing branded and acting cheap just shows you like the branded for branded's sake. Wearing branded and being yourself shows that you like branded for what branded is: a guarantee of good quality and classic charm.

So what I'm trying to say is, don't be cheap. Don't buy branded just for the name, so don't buy generic rip-offs of brands because that will make you worse than cheap. That will make you cheap and desperate. If you can buy that branded shirt you really like, get it, wear it, don't worship it like a god 'cause it's the only branded thing you have in your closet.

...But just between you and me, I personally dislike LV. And Gucci. I'm more of a Body Glove person. Oh, and shirts with funny phases. Those, I believe, are the genius of normal people-- not designers, but just normal people like us.

So go out there and wear your original shirts with pride, because you know, these original shirts show so much more personality than branded, sometimes.

3 comments:

Joann said...

Like This~~ ^_^

i also go for branded stuff for the quality only. i won't buy everything that is branded..sometimes i buy t-shirt without any brand also LOL~~ they will eventually ended up as home wear.. :P

F.E.L.I.S.S.E said...

Try Bershka and Pull and Bear. Awesome quality and the Spanish are clothing geniuses.
Rewind...rewind. Did you just insult Gucci? They have amazing belts. And shoes. And evening dresses that don't fit me.
Armani. Is. God.

F.E.L.I.S.S.E said...

LV is cheap because lots a hookers wear it. Put that in with the flashy name, you get a cheap-expensive-cheap brand.