Figh†ing Spirit

2nd place just means FIRST LOSER.

iQuote

I do awesome very fluently.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

ANYONE IN THE CNY HYPE YET????

Is it just me, or is Chinese New Year getting less attention than ever? What happened to all the festive songs and food and celebration and general hyperactivity?

Well, I mean. Just selling stuff that has something, no matter how vaguely, to do with the Rabbit does NOT make it a festive celebration. MY MUNNY MAGIKALLY DISAPPEARS EVERY TIME I GO UP THERE WTFFFFF- but anyway. Bangsar put up some rather pretty decorations. Red lanterns! So cute! We just finished smothering our classroom in pink paper chains and tacky ang pow paper crafts this afternoon. Yet somehow, I don't really feel the CNY atmosphere.

CNY is supposed to be a time of fun and party and lots of laughter and the general happy feeling. Yet all my friends are busy doing society stuff (granted, it's for the spring festival, BUT STILL) and all my teachers are loading homework upon homework on our backs (granted, it's our SPM year, BUT STILL) and then there's this incredible subtle stress which comes from EVERYWHERE. It's like I can't even let myself relax and enjoy my holiday now!

Not to mention how I keep dithering on the brink of feeling unwell and downright sick, so it's terrible for me to try to pay attention in class when the fan is right above my head. At least 5 people questioned whether I should even be at  school or not. :'D Aww I lubb jo guys! (Yes, I have awesome friends.)

Also, the Inception soundtrack, however great it may be, is not a very good CNY mood starter.

HAHAHA.

No comments: